Friday 8 May 2015

up up and away

This years birthday card for dad, I was watching youtube card making videos and came across a tutorial from .keenan kreations, I altered the style slightly and ended up with this.


 
DoCrafts Stamps 'Travel print'
black pigment ink
umber promarker
dark burgundy card
Gecko Galz 'old world maps 1'
balloon from 'Steam Stock' digikit by Algera Designs
acetate
buttons
 
I used a 6x6 white card blank, using the Travel print stamp I stamped randomly over the front of the card - I used pigment ink as I wanted a faded effect rather than a prominent inked image as made by Stazon inks.
In craft artist I imported the map image and changed the colour to a brown tone, made the sentiment and then resized the balloon embellishment from a digi kit. Printed everything off then worked out the layout of the card. I mat/layered the map onto the burgundy card and likewise mat/layered the sentiment. Stuck everything down.
I stuck the balloon to a strip of acetate and attached that to the inside of the card, using the acetate as a hanging spring so the balloon hovered freely over the card.
To balance the card I raided The Tin (I really must get a photo of this button tin!) and picked 3 different ones and stuck them on the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment