Wednesday 14 March 2012

This month see's me with 2 birthdays and of course Mothers Day. All in a week and a half. Better get crafting!


 Dad isn't one for fancy smancy, so I kept his card very simple. I think it turned out alright.

The stamp is from (insert name here)  'Urban collection', I teabagged the car topper to bring the colour together and for a teeny nod towards steam punk, I found 3 little washers in His bits and bobs box. The picture doesn't pick this up very well but I used a small perforating sewing wheel dipped in black ink to make 'tyre tracks' across the card.




Again using a small square card, I decided to do somehting a little bit different for Mother's Day. normally it would be something with blousey with flowers. This year I decided to go for cute and used a NitWit stamp from their sewing collection, and a backing paper. Mounted the stamped image onto red card, colourd a flower in too match the scheme, having cut a tiny bit of the image off when mounting, I used some gold embroidery thread and glued it along the thread in the image so it would overhang slightly. I then decoupaged the needle, arm and ear to give mousey a bit of depth. Lastly I went around the edges with a beige promarker doing haphazard 'stitching' and then stuck a sentiment on.



No comments:

Post a Comment