Sunday 23 September 2012

first ever go at a challenge!

Whilst tidying up 'The Land of Blog' to make it more me friendly ie the Monica in me was straining to be unleashed and bring ORDER to the chaos also known as a completely okay layout and design blog.....

I came across the nutcrafters challenge and decided to have a go.....

(yet more use of ........)

So here goes -

 I've had the Fae image from simplysumara for a little while but hadn't used it and thought it would beperfect for the 'Glitter and Gems' challenge. The backing paper came from Debbi Moores 'Evergreen'cd. The image was glued flat apart from the wings were I used a raised sticky pad under and scrunched up abit to make a more contoured feel. Added a frayed black ribbon, some gems and silver glitter.
My favourite bit of the card is how the glitter makes the wings look even more dimensional - the photo doesn't really pick that up though.
 
entered in nutcrafters  -  Glitter and Gems challenge

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to see you joining us Amanda! Hope we'll see you again for our next challenge. I love your card - so elegant and peaceful too.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete