Thursday 21 January 2016

I is for ink

Following on from the atc, this is the card I was doing when the idea of the background for the atc popped up.

I spotted a card somewhere on the grand old web which had a similar design effect and thought that would look nice on card for 'I is for ink', but because I didn't have a stamp design like that, I had to come up with an alternative............ bubble wrap!

 
piece of bubble wrap
Stazon Blazing Red, Vibrant Violet and Jet Black inks
HobbyCraft white pearls
Create and Craft sentiment stamp
 
I inked the bubbles up a couple of times with the Red and then pressed the wrap to the card with a little bit of pressure to ensure (ie hope) it printed and then carefully peeled it off.
I wiped the remaining ink off the bubbles and repeated the process with the Violet.
 
Before I stuck the backing paper down, I inked the edges of it with the Violet.
 
Using the B'fly die, I cut two from the white card snippets in my stash, and sponged the Violet ink over them, this is where I had the idea for the atc as it left a lovely white outline surrounded by the smudged ink on the scrap.
 
Placed the b'flies onto the design and glued down so the wings were raised up slightly, then stuck the gems on them.
 
Finally I stamped the sentiment on.
 
Pretty simple card, looking at it now, I think next time I won't use as much ink on the bubblewrap and make it look more faded.
 
I didn't put an insert in, but I did use the same technique using a Tattered Lace mini b'fly die and the Violet ink.
 
As this is going to be a birthday card to a friend and I had already wrote in it before taking the photo, I have rubbed out the wording.
 
 
 
Update - I now have a similar designed stamp which came free with the latest issue of DoCrafts. Happy coincidence ; )
 
entering in: Butterfly Challenge - I is for ink
                   Pixies Snippets Playground = week 212
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Fab card Amanda and the background is wonderful! Well done with the bubble wrap. Too funny, I was just wondering where my bubble wrap store is as I read your post - got to the end and then remembered I have a bubble wrap stamp - made by Kaisercraft I think!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - best thing is I can pop my bubble wrap afterwards *lol*

      Delete
  2. You can't go wrong with a little inked up bubble wrap can you? This is lovely with the addition of a couple of butterflies too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *lol* thanks, off now to pop the wrap x

      Delete
  3. Nothing more satisfying than sitting popping bubble wrap. Had a cat that used to love sitting on the stuff. you would think his weight would make it pop but it never did. Great idea for the background and I happen to like the amount of ink used. Love the colour combo. Thankyou for getting all inky for my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved getting all inky - if it moved in my craft room it got inked! x Amanda

    ReplyDelete