Wednesday 28 January 2015

box of delights

This months challenge over at fripperies and butterflies was to use the this absolutely gorgeous digital image, in your design

As soon as I saw it I thought chocolate bar.......or rather a lovely label for a gift box for a choccy bar!
 
(I'd just read the January issue of DoCrafts Creativity and there was a piece/recipe on how to make a small box suitable for chocolate bar sized gifts)
 
So I measured, scored and cut, stuck, coloured and glittered (didn't eat any chocolate, had a handful of peanuts & raisins).
 
 
Hot off the Press "Soft Nostalgia" turquoise & pink paper
doily
image
Papermania "Simply floral" paper & pastel ribbon
vintage buttons
cord from a necklace
butterfly
gold glitter 
Glam Gold pigment ink
 
Followed the instructions on constructing the box, (used thin card so it would be pliable) I then stuck the turquoise backing paper round it NB this would have been much easier if I'd stuck the backing paper to the sheet of card before I started!
Using the pigment ink I patted the pad round the edges and on top of the box, to give it an aged look.
I then cut a smaller pink backing paper up and stuck it to the top.
Had already resized and printed off the image, so I positioned half a doily underneath (coloured with pastel beige promarker to make it look more creamier) the image, then layered both onto the pink paper.
I fussy cut the roses out of the Simply Floral paper, in fact I cut two bits, its decoupaged but you can't see it in the photo., then I added a little gold glitter to the tops, just for a bit of shiny. Stuck those to the corner of the box, slightly hanging over the edge.
To balance the left side out I foraged in my BIG tin of vinatage buttons (this will be shown on a later post... my goodness its button heaven!). found 3 I liked, tied a bow using a piece of pink cord cut from a necklace I no longer wear... and I no longer speak to the 'friend' who gave it me  - karma. Stuck them on.
Used another pink butterfly (see earlier atc post) - these are actually cake toppers but I chopped the cocktail stick off, and stuck that to the other corner, because it looked empty.
 
Finally (phew - my fingers are aching) I punched a hole and added ribbon.
 
now it just needs the little gift (NOT chocolate) I bought for part of Pay It Forward 2014..... little late with that, and a quick note and I can then post it to a lovely lady I know. Hope she will like it.
 
                      digitally sweet challenges - not a card or a layout
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful creation, thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a lady who is going to be thrilled with this very pretty gift box. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete