Sunday 4 January 2015

love conquers all


image from "Marie's Garden pt 2" design sheet
background paper "Steampowered" from Steampunk Paper kit
 
all from Gecko Galz
 
designed in CAP2
 
100% digital
 
 
From the design sheet, I cut out my chosen image, placed it onto a blank page and using a heart shaped digi punch, punched out the main bit of the image, I was just going to use that but then decided to use the 'off cut' as well and started layering the page up till I got the look I wanted. I altered the transparency of the background sheet to give it a faded look. Added a red square which I then placed behind the main heart to matt & layer a contrast, the shade of red was taken from the large rose so everything matched.
I tried to match the hand writing on the image as best I could and faded the words a little bit to make them look worn 7 faded into the paper.

I wanted to embellish it a little as it looked quite plain around the edges but couldn't find any embellishments I liked so I ended up matt & layering the image and reducing it in shape to fill the gap.
Another idea to fill the gap would be to write a sentiment or little poem to whoever the card was meant to be for.
If my printer was good, I would print it all as is, but if I do make this into an actual card I will just use the images as my ink tends to be a bit darker than the appearance on screen. And there would be a doily involved.  (*lol*)
 
 
entered into: digitally sweet challenge - whats your favourite shape
also entered into 'not a card' January challenge on Gecko Galz Papercrafting Challenge Group over on Facebook.
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Sooo pretty! Love the double images and framing. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely GORGEOUS!
    Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS and so feminine, I love it. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your page! It is wonderful and so gorgeous. Love all the amazing layers!
    ~kim

    ReplyDelete