Tuesday 17 March 2015

one of those

cards that are so hard to make yet sadly have to be.

I chose to do a nice, simple yet different design for my sympathy card, looking through my Gecko Galz images, I found this one from the February email freebie (sign up to the newsletter and you will receive the monthly freebie sheet)


 
image from Gecko Galz newsletter freebie
backing paper from the Coquette papers (no 3) Gecko Galz
almond promarker
Hobbycraft white pearls
lace doilie
white organdie ribbon from Celebrate
 
Using Cap2,a 6x6 work page. I cut out the image I wanted, and resized it - cropping the image to get clean edges. I picked the backing paper and changed the colour of it, using the colour pipette to pick the colour out of the background to the image, so it matched, making the background paper a tad darker.
 
For the sentiment - this original said Jardin Botanique, so I drew a square to fit over that, again matched the colour of the background of the image and then added my own sentiment, changing the font to match the original words, then simply overlaid it. 
I grouped everything together so if I needed to resize, everything would move together as I checked how the finished card would look.
 
I then ungrouped everything so I had the backing paper and topper separate ready to print off.
 
I opened up another work page. this time A4 to match my printing paper, and copied & paste both images into it, this kept the images the same size as I had originally done them. (if you change the 6x6 page into a A4 page, the images increase in size so you have to resize them again!)
Printed them off and then started to assemble the card.
 
To edge the topper and also the backing paper, I used Almond promarker (wide tip), this just takes the whiteness off and gives an 'edge' to whatever you are using.
 
Its a beautiful image, and I love how it turned out.
 
        Gecko Galz Papercrafting Challenge Group on Facebook - birds & bees

2 comments:

  1. Very beautiful ~ I love your combination of images and the color scheme, all soft ivory and pale green with the black-and-white images. Thanks very much for sharing this in my challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com! ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete