Monday 29 June 2015

flying the flag

Over at the Gecko Galz Papercrafting Challenge Group on Facebook, one of this months topics is 'flying flags'. I wanted to use the British flag - it was very hard to find a vintage/retro image with one. Finally found a couple over at The Graphic Fairy, this was my favourite.



I removed the white space surrounding the image using photolab in CAP2, then started digitally crafting the page, everything came from a free DaisyTrail kit - Street Party. With the blue material I changed the edges to 'rough' and also colour picked the blue from the boys trousers, so the hues would look as similar as possible. The writing is in red taken from the flag. Added a few embellishments.

I would have rather fancied a more vintage looking material, but for some techno reason my transparency, and other right hand sided tools are not working, think I may have to reinstall CAP2 programme......... *eep*

did you know the whole 'Keep Calm' phenomenon started in Alnwick, Northumberland at the world famous second hand bookstore, they opened a box which had been stored for years and found an original poster in there....... and the phrase was reborn in various disguises.


No comments:

Post a Comment