Thursday 3 March 2016

valentine ornament

Over on the Gecko Galz Papercrafting challenge FaceBook page one of the challenges was to do a Valentine ornament. I wasn't going to enter as I couldn't think of anything to make, until I received the monthly newsletter from
buddlycrafts.com

 

 
I didn't have the correct bits n bobs, so I winged it by using one of those plastic Christmas Baubles you decorate, Andrew had to Dremel the little stopper of to make a the dome flush, but other than that it was perfect.
I decided to make it an ornament for me, containing things I love: the colour purple, flowers, vintage buttons & lace, butterflies and gems. The little 'love' ticket came from Gecko Galz 'Love Potions' crafting kit and was shrunk down using CAP2, to just about an inch in length.
The base is just strong cardboard covered in a dictionary page and I used normal PVA glue to stick the dome to it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment