Tuesday 26 July 2016

Dimension & Denim

3 for the price of 1 today, got my crafty head on as the weather is cooler today, expecting it too rain but the wind blows away the greyish clouds and we get a little bit of sun. Couln't concentrate on anything whilst we were in the heat wave, I picked 6 books from the library and have only read 2, couldn't get into the others, will take them back and pick some more.
Did you know if you check out books from your local library, the author gets some money? Its something like 7 or 8p a go, sounds rather Spartan but at least they know they're being read.

Anyhoo, back to the cards.

 
Made using a sheet of dark blue denim effect paper and a light blue denim effect paper. Create a flower die, (which came free with a magazine - which explains why I nearly took the tip of my index finger off with it when I pulled it from its glue, having to craft and type with a poorly finger stuck up in the air is quite hard. Ouch.) Tattered Lace mini butterflies die, blue gems, Spellbinders sentiment die, white flower and finally a dark blue button.
 
A simple card, but I love how it turned out.
 
I have some A6 blue cards I had given me in a swap over at cardexchange uk, which have been sitting in my envelope box for some time, so I thought I'd use up my bits & bobs and make 2 notelet style cards with them.
 
I read an article in this months Do Crafts Creativity mag about Happy Mail and it looks like something I liked to do, so I figure if I have some to hand, then I can start using them.
 
 
 


entering in: butterfly challenge = D is for dimension and/or denim

1 comment:

  1. Ouch about your finger. I know that don't want them falling off the magazine but some times that glue is almost leathal. Didn't know that about the library books but nice to know they get some royalties. Your card is lovely with all the dimension really showing up nicely. I like the colourways on the notelets too. Thankyopu for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete