Tuesday 9 August 2016

P is for punches & pink

Had a lovely week off last week with Andrew, only been in my new job for 2 weeks so I was so pleased that they honoured the holiday. Lovely just to chill in the sun, and potter around. (not sure if I posted on here what happened with my last job, but that's a post for another day) Today is all about the butterflies!

 
 
The challenge for this fortnight is P is for punch and/or pink - I used this stamp again, its turning into a favourite, this time I paper pierced it with matching ink to paper - Hot Pink and Christmas Green pigment inks from DoCrafts, the paper was also from docrafts capsule collection. Love the effect.
 
To incorporate the Punch bit of the challenge, I used a small butterfly punch I had given me - and punched through the white card, putting a piece of the same pink paper underneath to match the Rose.
 
I've had the backing paper for years and it was one of those I liked but never could never match to a card design. To finish it off, I added 4 little pink gem stones and 8 white pearls in the corners.
 
Again with the off cuts/inking testers from this card, I made a small tag to match, only adding a stamped 'with love' sentiment in the same Hot Pink ink.
 
                                  
 

entering in: butterfly challenge = P is for punch and/pink

3 comments:

  1. I love this beautiful rose card with matching reverse tag. Such a good way to use the leftovers up. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and tag and the butterflies in the corners are so pretty!!
    Thanks for playing in the Butterfly Challenge #59 with your sweet works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and tag Amanda! Of course I do love the pink :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete