Tuesday 19 January 2016

Make it sparkle

Had planned to make this atc yesterday, but after a receiving a phone call from work regarding potential staff cuts, I couldn't get into the creative mood. Although through boredom in the evening I ended up watching 'how to' crochet and giving that a whirl. Mmm, that may take some while.

So, today my muse was back and welding sticky tape and scissors!

Now this atc is a spoiler for a card I have made for the Butterfly Challenge this week, as I had an idea for this background whilst doing something for the card front. More on that tomorrow...

Butterfly die cut
Papermania Holographic embossing powder
Woodware purple gems
Background - Stazon ink 'Vibrant Violet'
Leaves stamp by 'From the Heart' Jenny Ellory
Inkadinkado Glam Gold ink
Enchanting stamp from 'Fairy Belle Collection' by Jodie Lee Designs
Encore Metallic Bronze ink
I die cut two butterflies, one for the template and one to use. I pressed the template to the card with one finger and very carefully, using a sponge dabbed the violet across the butterfly and its surrounding area till I was happy with the effect.

I then stamped the leaves onto the background, making sure not to go over the white outline.

I then stamped over the 2nd butterfly with clear ink for embossing, and used the holographic powder.

Once the butterfly was done, I used silicone glue to stick it onto the atc, I used a big blob of it, right down the body of the butterfly so it raised it up so you could see the white outline underneath.



As the glue was drying, I stuck 4 purple gems onto the B'fly. Last thing to do was stamp the sentiment in the top left corner, which I should have done BEFORE gluing the b'fly *lol*



2 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity and monotone look of this ATC. Lovely. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, very pleased how it turned out x Amanda

    ReplyDelete